Whether the flood is caused by a sprinkler head rupture, pipe burst or toilet overflow, reaction time is key to reducing the loss suffered, and returning your guest-rooms and other areas to a pre-loss condition. Because we have many local offices, we can typically be at your property within several hours, if not sooner. Upon arrival, our technician will:
- Preview all the damaged areas with hotel personnel.
- Remove additional standing water with high-powered extraction equipment.
- Set up large commercial LGR dehumidifiers to draw moisture out of the air.
- Strategically place air movers throughout affected areas.
- Check walls and fixtures for signs of water damage using penetrating and non-penetrating moisture detection equipment.
- Take dry standard readings from rooms that are not affected by the water damage, giving us an accurate reading to gauge when water-damaged rooms have been restored to normal levels.
- Check all carpet in the surrounding rooms with a hydro sensor to assess the extent of the water damage in adjacent areas.
- Advise hotel personnel of any structural damage, and plan a course of action to remove any building material and dry those areas.
- Spray anti-microbial disinfectant to reduce the possibility of mold growth.
- In the days following the initial recovery, we will make periodic visits to monitor and adjust equipment and take measurements needed to calculate the effectiveness of the drying process.
We are also happy to provide a free tutorial to educate your personnel about minimizing the effects of a flood.